Tuesday, December 18, 2018

GRANDE DAME

She's large and in charge, chunky yet funky!!!! And she's my favorite contestant on the current Drag Race All Stars!!!!! It's Latrice Royale!!!!  Any wonder I love this queen!!!!
Royale was born in California  where he was raised in a "broken home" in Compton. In the 1990s, Royale started performing in drag. In 2012, he began appearing in reality television shows starting with RuPaul's Drag Race . After coming into the public eye, Royale became an ordained minister. The first wedding that he performed was for his friend Daniel in upstate New York in 2013. Latrice is a supporter of marriage equality, though he believes that it should not be called "gay marriage", stating, "It's a man and a man, and a woman and a woman getting married, and I think it is special and unique. So why not identify and celebrate it as something special and unique, and not lump it in with the same thing that has been going on for years? Latrice entered the world of drag when he dressed up as Wanda from In Living Color to amuse both himself and his friends and by the mid-1990s, Royale did his first drag show at the Copa Night Club in Fort Lauderdale. Latrice had been a drag performer now for over two decades by the time he tried out for RuPaul's Drag Race season 4. He tried out for the series as a dare, and got on. It's been a huge year for the fabulous Latrice too. He regained his right to vote, a career that is soaring, and after five years, got married finally to his partner, Christopher Hamblin, and when not traveling constantly can be seen at her home base bar at the Palace Bar in South Beach, Florida. There 's is no denying how sweet, kind, fierce, and style this queen has. Good luck to Latrice this season...get that crown gurl!!!!!!
The happy couple!

20 comments:

  1. I can see our duchess deedles wearing some of these outfits and looking oh-so-FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think so, Carebear! I can turn fabu into frowsy just by putting on one of those outfits. I know, I can be cousin Latrine Flushall! Now where did I put those crocs?

      Delete
    2. You must be a fashionable dame, Deedles?

      Delete
  2. The ONLY reason I'm watching All Stars this time is because of Latrice Royale. She is just so delicious to watch, and so nice and kind. And funny his laugh make me laugh. Congrats to him on his marriage too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Latrice May snatch that title. And I won’t be mad. My top three are Latrice, Manila and Trinity. BTW Latrice is a lip synch assassin, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can only hope Latrice is as lovely a human being
    as the one she manages to convey on the show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've met her twice, and have yet not bust a gut with her.

      Delete
  5. That blue rhinestone dress and big hair are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE HER!!!!! If a big queen is EVER going to win this....if Latrice doesn't win, no big queen ever will. She is just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don’t watch Drag Race becase the bitchiness gets to me but I do love and admire many of the contestants when I learn about them in other places... like here. I’m now a Royale fan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This post is a sharp one of Latrice. If she doesn't take the crown, it going to be hard watching this show.she has more charisma then one on the season.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that big bitch. You can be thin and gorgeous like Farrah, or just flawless like Valentina, and even trinity is talented, but it takes true charsmima like Latrice to hold audience. Her drag shows are entertaining and she is a a real sweetheart. She would really enhance the Hall of Fame.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm with Mitchell on this one. I don't watch the show either, but I'm for anyone big winning when they deserve to. From reading about her here, I think she deserves the win on pure personality alone!
    Anybody who can pull off make-up and costumes with such panache has my full admiration. I once got my face done up for one of those glamor shot deals that they used to do at malls (not the same, I know). It took forever, and that was just for a face shot! I wouldn't have the attention span for this kind of thing. If anyone is interested, heh, I think I came off looking like Patty Austin. Balder Half and the tween sons (this was thirty some odd years ago) said I looked like a Puerto Rican hooker! Oh, well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too fan a fan of Latrice. Dont get me wrong, I also love trinity and all the others, but Latrice has such personality.i could watch her a night

    ReplyDelete
  12. "He regained his right to vote"

    Why would he have lost it? Was he in jail?

    Anyway, with nothing but the pictures to go by, I can understand your enthusiasm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Kirk...she did have a brief vacation years ago on minor issues.

      Delete
  13. I never knew all that about Miss Latrice!
    Thanks for the education and the fabulous pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!