Saturday, October 18, 2014

LAMBERTVILLE FOOD FAIR...FOODIES UNITE

 
 
It was a crazy busy work week, this week. And what a better way to relax than with some good food! Thursday night a friend of mine had invited myself and another as her guest to the Lambertville Food Fair, the second annual. Now, I am far from a foodie mind ya. I have no idea of world renowned chefs, or their restaurants, or read foodie blogs or food periodicals. But I do enjoy myself some good food! So Thursday afternoon found me leaving work early to enjoy some fall night frolic. The Food Fair was in Lambertville, with  9 blocks lined with food trucks and well known restaurants from New Hope, Doylestown, Philadelphia and areas of New Jersey. The first thing up were some afternoon drinks at Martine's followed by a  trip to the Lambertville House Hotel for another drink and a early appetizer.....


Burrata! Fresh mozzarella filled with a creamy oozing center. Drizzled with real olive oil and served with fresh toasted garlic bread. Then it was off to meet up with another guest and start hitting the food vendors. And I'm here to tell you, everything smelled and looked so good. You name the food and nationality and it was represented. You may say I ate like a field hand and gobbled like a hog!!!!!
 
lobster and crab bisque
 
 
Apple and Bacon quesadilla
 
 
Up next was a delish beef Bar-B-Q with cole slaw on the top! OMG!

 
 
Next was my favorite part....four shredded chicken taco's loaded!!!!
 
 
Then it was off to the Tomasello Winery for some wine tastings
 
 
MEATBALLS!!!!!

 
Then it was time for dessert......
 
 
a strawberry and banana crepe!!!!!!

 
What a great night! The weather was beautiful, and the food amazing! Luckily I have a high metabolism, and with my job, I work a lot off. Of course truth be told, the Lad will be here this weekend, so that should also work some more off. We haven't seen each other since the end of August. blussssssshing......

17 comments:

  1. Oh my. I hope you have Pepto handy for all of that food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, we ALMOST went to this. I hear it is quite the goodie event. Everything sounds so yummy!!!! William MUST take me next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMB, I would eat everything in sight! now you tell the lad to "push it, push it real good!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just know come Monday someone won't be walking right.

      Delete
  4. I would have been there all say and night!!!!!! I love events like this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It amazes me you keep so in shape with what I have seen you eat! But with "seeing" three guys and your "exercise regimes" is it any wonder?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks all so good, but my abs are screaming at the sites. Been since the end of August since we saw each other? Your poor neighbors. Or the poor Lad? Sure hope he's been practicing so to speak!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I wouldn't worry. I hear he had been practicing since gone on his how to prepare and consume a English Cucumber.

      Delete
  7. Nothing like a good street fair. But I see you'll not be getting out of the north wing this weekend,lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Street fairs are always fun to begin with, let alone in your area this time of year. And food trucks have the BEST FOOD!!!! And a beer and wine garden to boot?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A bacon joint? I'd so be in heaven.........literally.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is always something interesting in your neck of the woods! Nothing like a fair in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fairs are all about the food! You only live once. Everything looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. May you always indulge in everything you enjoy! Over-indulge, even.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like a good time! Although it is making me hungry!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks so fun. On my lunch break, I love hitting the food trucks, even over local restaurants. Their is just something about the food that is delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!