Friday, September 19, 2014

30th STREET GRANDEUR

 
Nothing like a impromptu trip out of town for the day!!!! This week I had to head out of town, and decided instead of driving, I'd take the train and relax. The nice thing about where I live, I can walk 5 minutes to my local rail and head into Philly, and the head to New York, Boston, DC, and New York without ever driving. And sometimes I love it, as I can relax, and not head out into the areas traffic rat race. So I found myself in the 30th Street Station, which as in Philadelphia, the architecture makes for one beautiful station.......
 
huge, huge hanging chandeliers......
 
 
beautiful bronze statue......
 
vintage directory signs....
 
stunning recessed ceiling moldings.....

 
cute boy alert.....
 
gorgeous flower stand...
 
They even still have a shoe shine station, was fun to see the guys getting their shoes spit shined like yester year. The outside is just has gorgeous, with f6 story high column façade.....
 
 
Beauty is where ever you find, you just have to look!!! Back inside was hottie alert #2 with a great backside....
 
Not that it is important, but this hottie ended up next to me on the train ride! Funny how things work out!!!!

19 comments:

  1. I love a good train station, especially with such gorgeous architecture.
    The same goes for the backside, gorgeous architecture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just don't see architecture out west. We might have been settled at that point but just barely out of log cabins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous architecture.........the train station isn't bad either!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It must be nice having those great cities so closeby. Out here, we can't even get a decent rail or public transportation system to cover the entire county.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, when I'm board, with nothing to do, I sometimes go there and just people watch! For a train station it is stunning, and are there some characters in there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a train station!!!!!! Wow. You should see ours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have always loved 30th Street Station when I come from NY. I need to take some pictures there sometime. That first shot is great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mu favorite part of the station is the ceiling and the columns are amazing. The cuties' ass ain't bad either.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just what I like about you. You see such detail and something interesting in just a everyday trip!!!! What beautiful architecture. They sure don't make them like that anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  10. And did the boy with nice ass end up in your boudoir?

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is a rather grand old station, and a great place to see the theatre of the living.

    ReplyDelete
  12. built in 1933 for the pennsylvania railroad; it has been used for movie interior shots (e.g., witness); the commuter rail is on the top side level, amtrak platforms are underground.

    and the seats where you wait for an amtrak train are all old long wooden benches with high backs. the acoustics are amazing. we natives treasure this space as it is our only amtrak station AND another link with our railroad past.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, what a lesson. A historian? The mistress gave nice phallic pictures of columns and a boys fine ass. Not that I'm complaining. Beautiful shots. THE Mistress finds beauty everywhere.

      Delete
    2. nope, just a philly native who is proud of her city.

      Delete
  13. What a stunning building!!!! You won't find a transportation station like that here.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My, I haven't been in there in years!!!!! Last time there William bought me a lovely bunch of flowers at that stand though. It is really one of Phillies gems. Beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great architecture, I remember it well when I came to Philly and was blown away by it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing pictures!!! Did you and the boy find an empty train car?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I did think it was lovely when I arrived from Baltimore last month.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!