Monday, September 19, 2011

Some Time at The Boat House

This past weekend was very relaxing, and probably the most quite one I have had in some time. I and the Prince Charming spent the weekend together. It was mostly filled with some cool outdoor walks, making sure the help got all my fall wardrobe at of the storage, some dinning,and we even managed to hit my new favorite watering hole, The Boat House, which is located in along the river in Lambertville. A river town, yes, but with an amazingly vibrant culture. Located on the Delaware River in Hunterdon County,New Jersey,this town has a completely engaging nature for both visitors and locals. I'm lucky to be from a smaller neighboring town, so the Mistress can consider myself a ‘local’. Lambertville has charming shops, outstanding galleries, classic antique stores, chic restaurants and cozy bars. The homes in the neighborhoods look historic, and they are. But let’s jump back to the cozy bars, shall we? There are few gems in this charming riverside enclave, but a favorite of many - and mine - is the Boat House at 8 ½ Coryell Street.



Yes, that address is right! If you have any interest in classic films, you’ll appreciate the ambiance of the Boat House. You’ll feel as if you’ve stepped into a movie set here. I have a vast knowledge of mixed drinks, wines and beers, and I hear the Boat House has to turn people away on balmy summer weekends because there simply isn’t room because their cock-a-tails are THAT good and they are. One great drink, and my new favorite, is their gin gimlet - straight up honey!



But, back to the Boat House! Now where was I? Ohhhhhh! They make the best gin gimlet I’ve had. It’s smooth, icy, just enough Rose’s lime juice to hint of something faintly sweet, and fresh lime wedge to squirt. Flawless. The Prince's favorite is their Bloody Mary (virgin, yeah,right) with extra olives.Spicy but not too hot, and robust flavor. Even something about the rich, savory olives here makes this drink a standout he said. Some people linger, some stop in for drinks before walking to one of the many great restaurants in town. Either way you’ve got a great night!



The Boat House is a completely cozy, small, sophisticated bar that serves great cocktails in an enthralling atmosphere. The collection of art that covers the dark walls and pitched ceilings here is vintage nautical in nature, with classic overtones. There are fabulous framed periodical covers from decades past, and equally extraordinary watercolors, oils and photographs, many having a sense of intriguing nature. This atmosphere offers rare moments to take in a different time and space, all safely in the comfort of a nearby wood stove or comfy couch. Disclaimer…the wood stove makes it sound rustic, but it’s not. Remember that this place is sophisticated.



The staff is completely knowledgeable and courteous, and the head bartend, Kenneth is younger and aware, but old-schooled in his performance just like the Mistress prefers.Purrrrrfect! Next time any of you are visiting lets meet for a drink at the Boat House shall we? I promise to be on good behavior and use my rain bonnet for severed purpose. Tootles!

15 comments:

  1. Looks fantastic.....the drink and the bar!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9/19/2011

    This place looks quite Swanky, Cozy, and Unique all at the same time! ...and suddenly, I'm feeling quite parched! I may just take you up on that "...lets meet for a drink at the Boat House shall we?" someday -Lord knows I'm long overdue for another visit to the NE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Boathouse is so romantic, great place for a date!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Boathouse looks AMAZING! So cozy and inviting! Yes darling, I do believe I must get William to take me there for a few nightcaps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like i now HAVE to travel to New Jersey! This Boat House bar looks fabulous and I LOVE the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so beautiful. And it looks like a wonderful way to spend an evening with your man! The bartender isn't bad looking either!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, fancy shmancy:-) Sounds fabulous! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't even know how we found you because we aren't really blog readers but we love your blog. Always something intresting to see or read! My husband is enthralled with your dating games!!!!Should I be worried? Very nice place for a date and great pic, feel like we were their.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, it looks gorgeous. Very pretty pictures! I would love to spend an evening at the boathouse with you if I ever come to Philly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Swanky place girl! I hope if you man took you there he got a little something; something!!! LOL! I love finding places like this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG!!!! You posted somewhere I've been and I agree it is a great place,for several reasons, first and foremost the bar keeper is a professional, not a student on a part time job, they know their mixology and are always friendly and quick to serve. It's cozy & comfortable, especially inside. The nautical art and details all over the walls are pretty interesting too. Outdoors is also nice, and has a beer garden feel to it. Speaking of beer, they always have a list of 3-4 unique brews, recently we drank the Allagash White, excellent! I would love to have a man to take me there???

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks wonderful! I love places like that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oooo a large brandy alexander pretty pleeez....

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do believe I'll take the bar tender honey! Love the look of this place.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is my kinda place! Lets go!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!