Sunday, January 7, 2024

NOIR BAR

If there are two things to know of your Mistress, I enjoy a good stiff one and a good Happy Hour. Imagine my surprise this holiday season to receive a wonderful parcel in the mail for Christmas from the lovely and thoughtful Tundra Bunny! And boy, does this dame got my number. 


The parcel contained not only a lovely book of cock-a-tails, but a Canadian themed gift of sorts since Tundra resides in the Great North. A Moose themed hockey ornament, currently on the tree, fox print napkins and card, not to mention a not pictured lovely, printed card attached to the wrapped book, to be later framed I enjoyed it so much.  This book is stunning!!! Being a connoisseur of, well, anything wet with ice cubes in a tumbler... and old movies, I am going to enjoy this beautiful book. Of course, the first page I open to was none other than Joan Crawford!!!!!
The book Noir Bar was written and created by Eddie Muller, one of TCM'S leading authorities on film noir, and a cocktail connoisseur, and he takes film buffs and us drinks enthusiast alike on a spirited tour through the "dark city" of film noir in this very stylish book, which pairs carefully curated classic cocktails and modern noir-inspired libations with behind-the-scenes anecdotes and insights on 50 film noir favorites, along with cocktails from those movies and the recipes for making them. The book also features glorious pictures, film noir quotes, dozens of movie stills and movie posters, and stunning cocktail photography.
 Tundra....I'm not sure what I did to receive such a lovely surprise this season...but your gift of friendship and thoughtfulness is most appreciated, and it made my night when I came home that evening. Thank-You again!!! Looks like it is going to be a "warm" winter for me. And as Humphry Bogart said once-" I don't trust any bastard who doesn't drink. People who don't drink are afraid of revealing themselves." I'll drink to that!

Me thinks this calls for some Happy Hour music this weekend evening.

25 comments:

  1. What a fabulous gift! All that, and Soft Tempo Lounge (as featured in my blog), too... Love it. Clink, clink, sweetie... Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooohhhhh...I might have to seek that book out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Es hora de un cóctel 🍹 querido 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. It amazes me how connected bloggers and other bloggers and readers can get! What a thoughtful thing to do....and how perfect you you...someone who is both very into drinks and very into old movies. Yep she has your number alright.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cocktails inspired by the best of Film Noir movies -- how creative and fun! Isn't it wonderful to get surprises in the mail!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cool is that?!?!? A wonderful gift. It's a sharp gift.My grandmother watches movies on TCM pretty much all day every day. I got her this book as a Christmas gift also, and she absolutely loved it. She has already picked out a few drink recipes to go with the next upcoming movies. I would definitely recommend this book to people who watch lots of old-timey movies and like cocktails.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a really, really nice gift for the Mistress who has just about everything.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous, perfect-for-you, gift!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, as a fan of classic cinema I would love that book.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How splendid!!!! I too love TCM and saw the book for sale on the channel. I got it for a friend and myself also. Of course, William would have loved this too.I thoroughly enjoyed reading the stories by Eddie Muller. It's great to read the backstories behind the movies, and I look very forward to looking up and watching the movies in his book! Not to mention trying the cocktails.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes,Tundra Bunny got your number! What a lovely thing to do. It's little things like this that make one's day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great gift! Who needs holiday puzzles?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Educational gifts for the mature man.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a creative and thoughtful gift. And perfect for you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You'd better not make all those cocktails on one evening, not unless you've perfected the skills of making it to bed whilst upside down, so that all that booze doesn't slosh out.

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG
    Thoughtful AND fabulous? That's a winner. And I have to tell you about some cocktails I tried last month. I'm not much of a drinker, but they were delish!
    Happy 2024, babes!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is literally the perfect gift for someone like you. I'm not much of a drinker nowadays, but even I'm curious to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fabulous gift! I may have to buy myself a present....

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous1/08/2024

    Tundra Bunny here...

    Oh, Maddie, you're making me blush! Now I'm sooooo glad I didn't get you the erect penis-shaped silicone ice molds, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right! Besides that, I can just grab one of the long icicles off the eaves. Not only that but I still make a good murder weapon .The evidence melts.

      Delete
  20. Anonymous1/08/2024

    MUST have this book, my houseboys can prepare a cocktail for me each evening as I view classic film noir movies on my tv set. Too bad they don't make console tv sets with French provincial and Danish modern cabinets. And as far as the houseboys go, one of them is French-Canadian and has a wicked habit of sticking his wick in the drinks, he was once a stripper in Montreal ! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohjhhh...that is so annoying to me when my house boys would stick their wick in my cocktail to Stir It. But it's funny I can always tell which one of them did it by their nationality taste!!!! And it is a rather gorgeous book.

      Delete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!