Wednesday, March 29, 2023

THE GIRLS ARE BACK...

 ....IN TOWN!

What can I say? Has it really been almost a month since my last post??? Needless to say I was looking so forward to returning back to the US...insert sarcasm here. The trip was splendid, wonderful, and very fun filled with new experiences. Warbucks pointed out several time how much more suited I am for European life. I never expected to enjoy Budapest as much as I did...and it was, I dare say, more pretty, and cultural then Paris. Budapest had a more WOW factor for me.


More to come! But while gone, what happened? I see blogger has still been a disruptive bitch! You should have seen my spam folder!!!! Nothing new with the dump. He is still going free...yawn. And while gone, it's been just another day in the United States of Guns. The worthless politicians are all too greedy and in the pockets of gun companies and the NRA to give a shit I suppose. As We the People, we should just vote them all out and start over is how I feel. The crazy weather in California is insane. Between tons of rain, flooding, yards of snow...even my friend outside San Fran has 10" of snow and then had a mudslide...and parts of LA had snow I hear. Before long, I suppose they'll be fighting fires again. I even heard a tornado touched down in LA. I sure hope the fault lines hold up. What is to become of the state I wonder and how much more can it endure? It was nice to see that loser Murdoch get his. Finally, some justice somewhere!!! 
It was with sad news that our oldest and longest working drag queen, here in the States, Darcelle XV, a Portland drag legend, passed away. So glad I caught her show once, years ago. These queens that really capture the true essence of drag are getting far and few between. And then just today, the racy and politically charged, and highly entertaining UK queen, Lily Savage passed away. They don't make them like her anymore.

Once home there was much work backed up in the showroom, and then with more sad new last weekend we had to make the decision to put my mother's dog, Lillith, to sleep, and send her over the rainbow bridge. While I was away, she was apparently having issues with her back legs, which worsened day by day. I even saw the decline once I was back. While still alert, eating, drinking and after some time getting up and doing her business outside, once back in, she would lie down again. Each time back up, was getting harder and taking up to half an hour. Our Vet change her meds twice while I was away, but still no improvement. He didn't think it would get better, and she certainly couldn't drag herself around in her poorly state. I will never forget her face when she peacefully went to sleep after her injection. She was one of the most swell dogs, with such a peaceful and gentile personality, the opposite of Rhodesian Ridgebacks. They are not usually as quiet and laid back as Lillith was. And heavens know, she loved her sunglasses.

Before the trip, the owner of Suba, a local restaurant, touched based... and was told the Mistress was back in town and wondered if I could be the Mistress of Ceremonies for a drag themed night at her restaurant and bar. I thought to myself, it is more important than ever to be seen in drag with what's going on...more on the later too. So, I thought, swing the doors open, and took her up on her offer. The event was a success, and many thanks to Fat Sissy for creating my spectacular look, a signature Mistress Borghese look! Go big or go home has always been my motto!
The Mistress with the establishment manager, Stacy.


What better way to hide a big bubble butt? And it felt nice being back in drag, I can't lie. So the conservatives can go suck the big one and go work on something worthwhile. Now there is a novel idea. More fun and exciting post coming, just you wait.

52 comments:

  1. Welcome back and WOW! You look spectacular. Great legs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy you're back. Sad about lilith and of course, Paul o'Grady/Lily Savage. Such a wonderful ambassador for all animals, especially dogs. He was such a talent and a genuinely sweet man.
    I will miss him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many times during my trip you've been on my mind. I sure hope all is well with you and yours. I must send you an email soon.❤

      Delete
  3. I am updated on your adventures via IG. I'm sorry Lilith died. WelCUMMED back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been so missed! Glad you're back. Looking forward to reading about your travels and experiences. You look particularly pretty in pink.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so nice to have you back where you belong,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to here about Lilith. Biggie's on gabapentin for his arthritis pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was on that first and it wasn't helping. I think she had more going on then the arthritis. Before we had her, she has an injury to the leg that our vet said was never reset right.

      Delete
  7. Welcome home, Mistress! We missed you! Sad news about Lilith, my condolences to your Mom and you. She knew how to rock a pair of shades alright. And oh my, your big frothy feathery pink confection of a drag outfit!!!! Spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These days...its sometimes is easier than doing a wig too. Thank you Debs!

      Delete
  8. I like to picture Darcelle and Paul and Lillith all romping about together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And even more odd is the names...Lily and Lillith. I like to think Dame Savage has taken our Lillith under her wing.

      Delete
    2. Lily/Paul would have shed a tear for Lilith, of that I am certain. Jx

      Delete
  9. RIP Lilith

    Go Drag!!!!!

    PS Thanks for the lovely card about Tuxedo; very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous3/30/2023

    HuntleyBiGuy:
    Welcome back dear Maddie. Glad to see the additional mileage on the chassis hasn’t changed you. So sorry to hear about Lilith, such a beautiful girl.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry for the Loss of the Beloved Fur Baby Lilith... and all the Iconic Queens. Welcome Back. Glad your Trip went so well and Budapest was better than expected, there is not so much Culturally deprived nonsense overseas as here in the Uptight U.S. where they pander to the Pearl Clutchers, Gun Obsessed, and Lunatic Fringe sorts. Glad to hear you had a great Drag Show, you looked Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once my wee family is not around...Im seriously considering blowing this pop joint for Europe.

      Delete
  12. Pat Lark3/30/2023

    Welcome home! We've missed you. Sincere condolences on the loss of Lilith. 😘😘😘

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh no, not Lillith!
    It's been a hard month for Drag. Really.
    But welcome back! And you look STUNNING. Love the mug, love the legs, love the costume!
    Now, more than ever: DRAG.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll save you the boots and glitter!!!

      Delete
  14. Welcome home!
    Sorry to read about Lilith - it’s been one of those weeks.
    Glad you had a wonderful time away, and pink really suits you - I wish I could wear it.
    Sx
    P.S All the world leaders should be shunted off the planet to make room for fresh talent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ill send you the ensemble dear!!! And yes to your brilliant suggestion....lets blast everyone of them off the planet and start fresh!!!!!!!

      Delete
  15. You look fabulous dawling!

    I, too, am sorry about the passing of Lilith.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Welcome back, and I'm sorry to hear about Lilith.

    You look great as the Mistress of Ceremonies!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's good to have you back, dear. Feathers, foof and faff is the only way to make an entrance...

    Clink, clink, sweetie! Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And Heaven's news I know you like a good entrance. Or was it the back passage?

      Delete
  18. Is it me but did Darcelle XV look like Olivia de havilland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Olivia may be haunting you John.

      Delete
  19. GURRRRRL.....Now those are the Es Titties!!!!! Where do I get those and a bag of Chetto's?

    Thank you Jesus I found you on here. I can't wait to see more than what was on your Insta page.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The girls!!!

    So glad to have you back and I cannot wait to see how your trip went, I know nothing of Budapest. And I'm sorry to hear about your mother's dog Lily I always look forward to pictures of her and Buster.

    As far as California I don't know what's going on. Oh I do know is I almost moved there. I'm so glad I didn't. That is far too many weather anomalies to deal with. Look forward to your new posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too came close to moving there...after my family is passed....but the weather has gotten too crazy for me there anymore....and lesbe honest. I think it's hard to beat the beauty of the east coast line states.

      Delete
  21. Anonymous3/30/2023

    Tundra Bunny here...

    Welcome back, Toots! When I saw your new header without a new post, I thought "OMG, Mistress Maddie's fallen under a cafe table in Europe and can't get up!", but I needn't have worried -- you look mahvelous in pink feathers and gold stripper heels!

    My condolences to you and your Mom for the loss of Lilith. I like to think she's rockin' her sunglasses over the rainbow bridge now with Paul O'Grady (his Battersea dog rescue shows were great). I hope Buster's OK and not pining for Lilith!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to think she is with Lily Savage too. And shall I send you my stripper heels?

      PS...How's bout Call the Midwife...and are you watching Marie Antionette?

      Delete
    2. Anonymous4/01/2023

      Oh Maddie, if I was 20 again, I'd gladly try those gold shoes, LOL!

      The new season of Call The Midwife has been great so far, though a little sad with so many characters gone. And Marie Antoinette had me at the first episode entitled "The Slap"! Hope your houseboys programmed your DVR while you were away tripping the light fantastique in Budapest! The new season of Sister Boniface starts April 10, so dust off your nun's habit (I know you have one), LOL!

      ....Tundra Bunny

      Delete
  22. WECLOME BACK dear friend!!!! You have no idea how this made my week. And I so need that ensemble!!!!!! I always loved your drag. Though the news of Lillith made me sad.

    I am looking forward to your vacation post. The one alone above is a great teaser of things to come. Looks like a glorious city.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Welcome back! I bet your trip was extraordinary!

    I'm envious. I can't wait to hear and see the details. I love traveling with you. And so sorry to hear of Lillith's passing. Big dogs in particular have terrible problems.

    ReplyDelete
  24. YASSSSSSS HENNY!!!!!! You will bring the fabulous back to Harrisburg!!! Lord knows someone has too.

    Looking forward to your travels. And such sad news about our dear queens.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Welcome back, sweetpea! Sorry to hear about Lillith's passing, it's never easy to watch them slowly decline. Y'all have my heart. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  26. Welcome back! It is so good to have you back you've never been gone longer I don't think.

    I look so forward to reading your posts on your travels and by the sounds of it you may have one planned on drag. Looking forward to your being back! PS you look fucking incredible

    ReplyDelete
  27. Welcome back mads! I'm so excited to have your return and I look forward to seeing all your travel logs. I've never been to Budapest so I look forward to it. And such sad news about Darcel and Lily, both of them. I was shocked to read about your mother's dog. I've been in and out myself with reading blogs, as I am in the middle of downsizing before the move. But I am so glad to know that you'll be here when I return.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stay tuned....there is lots of pictures sorting and downloading.....

      Delete
  28. I do love Lilith's Randy Rainbow impression. Those pink glasses. RIP sweetie.
    Oh, look, Big Bird's blushing! Sorry, couldn't resist. You look quite fetching, Mads. Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Those are some big girls!!!!

    I am looking forward to seeing your holiday cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Nice to have you back - gun stats in UK 1/4/20 - 31/3/21 35 people were murdered by guns. Guns only have one function and that is to kill.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Damn boy, it's about time!!!!! But I'm sorry to hear about poor Lillith.

    Let's get the drinks and popcorn ready for the travel post. I have never been or have seen too much about Budapest.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Sorry I'm so late in welcoming you back and I'm so far behind on your 9and everyone's) blogs.

    The world is always a little smaller when one of our furry friends leaves it. Thank you for being merciful.

    GREAT look, Mistress.

    *mwah*

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!