Wednesday, August 17, 2022

VIVIAN


Well, what can be said of Vivian Vanderpuss?

 For starters that name is absolutely fabulous. I've known of her for some time and fell in love with her online in her virtual shows during the height of the pandemic, although I had the pleasure to meet her once a few years back by accident at a show in New York. Drag artist Vivian Vanderpuss is Victoria's quirky cat mother and solution to the rat problem. The avant-garde performer has served elaborate looks that are truly out of this world. Drag to Vivian is living the fantasy. Sometimes she may be the most beautiful woman and other times she may look like a swamp monster. Originally from Kingsville Ontario, Vivian moved to Victoria on a whim and then started her transition into drag performing, where she has been a huge hit. Vivian's wildly diverse work is what I live for. They represent the many aspects of her embodied art, through glamour, humor, ugliness and high retro camp. The queen says that her drag style is a rolodex of characters ranging from saucy snowbird to celestial being. But her drag is unique in that many of her looks and characters are all based on people she's met. But drag really started for Vivian because of her love for vintage clothing, and then her love for vintage woman's clothing, and I can live for that. Woman's vintage clothing is the bomb.  So, it's no surprise she landed herself a spot on Drag Race Canada. I'm wishing her all my best for the win. So far, were halfway there. Vivian also has a very healthy adoration of cats did I mention?



And one of many reasons I love the twisted mind of Vivian Vanderpuss...

22 comments:

  1. Vivian is why I fell in love with drag queens in the first place.

    She is FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love her!! She is like drag queen, meets club kid. And one of the best drag names I've heard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you know I love her. What style! She gives me a Phyllis Diller vibe in a few of them. I never liked the color orange either, but she sure makes it look good in just a few of the photos. I may change my mind on the color. I want more of her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yassssssss! Vanderpuss!!!! Werk it henny! Love her! and her vibes. She and Lady Boom Boom were my favorites....so come on Vanderpussy!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is a standout for sure on this season. But she won't win. She is way too much camp, qurikiness and awesomeness for Brooke Lynn's mind not cookie cookie drag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't minded Brooklyn on this season. But it took three seasons for her to loosen up.

      Delete
  6. A favorite for sure. She has a huge reputation on the drag circuit. Very well liked. I 'd love to see her come to P-town sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could see her doing a show in Ptown.

      Delete
  7. Anonymous8/17/2022

    I am not familiar with her but will check her out. She looks like she would be a lot of fun to watch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She would be a lot of fun to hang out with I think.

      Delete
  8. Fabulous! As Gabriel said, I'll have to check her out. I'm discovering so many thanks to you, sweetpea! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vivian is so cool. Check out his video out of drag with him getting ready. I could hang out with him easily.

      Delete
  9. A definite yes, although my mother would be appalled that her nipple are poking through in that one outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, the name is fantastic!
    I'm enjoying her very much in Drag Race right now. Very strong contender. My fav here? That black gown.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is giving all kinds of looks, from Joan Rivers to Joan Crawford, to a hint of Marilyn, and all fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is something else. This is the type of stuff that got me to fall in love with drag.

      Delete
  12. I love her name "Vanderpuss," LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh that is a good name.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the big hair! And love the video!

    ReplyDelete
  15. We love her! Love her 70s aesthetic, she seems like a lot of fun

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!