Tuesday, May 31, 2022

VIOLET

Violet is a great example of one of the queens from Drag Race to go on to HUGE things. At first, I wasn't a fan, having met once and heard "the talk" of how bitter and caustic she can get. But show me a queen who can't be, and I'll eat this keyboard. There is no denying she is one of the bigger successes to go on to big things since the show, and has only blown up bigger. Violet is pretty much a international drag performer and a global fashion icon. Although the 29 year old triumphed on the 7th season over Ginger Minj, Pearl and Kennedy, Violet is still trying to prove her worth, and I feel is doing it. Violet is part drag, part fashion part burlesque, and part circus, and doesn't find getting naked. No wonder I grew to like her!! She's a perfect spectacle. She is also innovative, gender-bending, and loves her 19-inch waist. While music hasn't been a big focus for the queen up to this point, she did dabble, but it wasn't till her latest release Fade to Grey that she has exploded. And with the song and video getting good acclaim and reviews she is looking to expand with more music going forward. The video is a remix, an 80's inspired masterpiece with a strong sound, sharp synths and seductively whispered vocals. It's such a well down and arty video and showcases Paul Jason Dardo, the person behind the character and the almighty, all glamorous Violet together, switching between these two contrasting, yet connected personas in an Olymp-like location. If you have seen a Violet show, you will get the full Violet experience, much like you would with Sasha Velour. One gets to dive deeper into Violet's magic universe of self -expression.

 And now the afternoon interlude. Fabulous!

23 comments:

  1. She's very pretty, and yes, she's gone on to be in great stages. I find her petty, though. In a sense that's not just catty or fun, but slightly bitter. I do like her drag but I find her a little repetitive (and not in an iconic way, where she has made her mug and cinched waist her trademark) and somehow petulant yet not smart.
    She's pretty and petty. And she makes for good commentary, just like Gia Gunn.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always called her the Dita of Drag. You so see where I am with her. Buy since I did some burlesque , it's why I found a common thread with her. But yes she can get not as wide spread with style as other queens I like.

      Delete
  2. Lovely to look at. One of the things that turned me off from Drag Race was the “bitter and caustic.”

    ReplyDelete
  3. Violet in her feather caps!! Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love her most in those fantastical outfits she does.
    And I'm liking the tune; it's giving me some 90s vibes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I neither know nor care about her personality, but I do love Ms Chachki's music - see here and here - and her style (apart from those ghastly tattoos!). [And he's quite "do-able" as a man, too.]

    As for her cover of one of my all-time fave songs from my "New Romantic" days, I think Mr Steve Strange would have approved... Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree John. I love what she does more then her personality.

      Delete
  6. I'm glad Violet Chachki is doing so well, but I'm still bitter about Ginger Minj's loss, LOL! Good video -- I like all her looks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pat Lark6/01/2022

    The sound - vocal tone reminds me of...Bowie, sort of. That cinched waist? Oy! Gurl, you ain't doin' yurself any favors at all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous6/01/2022

    Tundra Bunny here... a 19 inch waist?!! Violet must have had a few ribs removed a la Cher...yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was never a fan of hers while on the show, but I d admit she is sharp as a tac. She is easily one of the most artistically successful efforts to come from any Drag Race alum. From the music, the vocals, the sets, the makeup/costumes to the overall aesthetic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This style suits Violet's voice perfectly. She is immaculate in every conceivable way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Violet is PERFECTION in every molecule of her being.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous6/01/2022

    I am still shocked at a 19 inch waist! Wow! Beautiful looks though.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Honestly these are the DREAM looks. She's THE fashion queen.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Stunning and a big penis.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The 4th picture down looks like a feminine version of Nightcrawler from the X-Men. It's awesome!

    Sassybear
    https://idleeyesandadormy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes! I am one of the few that loves her Love me or Hate attitude, I don't care.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!