Sunday, June 6, 2021

IN MEMORIAM

By now, most of us know we lost our dear Anne- Marie unexpected at the end of May and it came as quite a shock to us all. I talked with her husband Todd several times over the week, who is brave and holding steady, although, we haven't had a ABBA party yet. I had gotten several emails asking what Anne Marie's wishes were, and if there was a place to send flowers or make a donation in her memory. Her wishes were not to have a service, or flowers...but Todd said she would love if donations were made to her favorite public radio station WTRI.90.1...our public classical and jazz station here in Philadelphia. Like myself, she and Todd did their fair share of listening to the wonderful music they provide for many...and so important to keep the station playing for future generations. So if anyone is interested in that here is the link, or just click on the feature in my sidebar to take you there. I went in and did it already, easy pesy... and to give a heads up, it gives options for denomination amounts that come out monthly, or you can make your own amount with the "other" amount feature, which also comes out monthly. Leave it to our Anne Marie to wanting to keep this wonderful form of music alive. 

For all we know, she's having a huge party in fabulon as we speak with the great composers, and jazz greats!

21 comments:

  1. Used to follow Anne Marie's blog. So interesting to read more about her. 👍🏻

    Hope the radio station lives up. 🙂 She certainly will. RIP, girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's still hard to accept the reality of her having gone.......though our consolation is that it's to a better place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. Her influence was more profound than she could ever imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Maddie. She was also a strong supporter of Philabundance, one of the local food charities. Their web site is https://www.philabundance.org/
    Thank you for your friendship and support at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an excellent idea by way of a tribute to a music lover! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww. How lovely. Thanks for sharing this! Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anything for Anne Marie.
    Off to make my donation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sadly, I'm still in a funk over her passing. Such a void.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very sweet. Good choice!
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so sorry about the lost . Even though I didn't know her personally I know how special she was and is to the community. My prayers to her partner, friends and family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for that link and thanks to Todd. Will definitely make my way over to the site. Anything we can do so Anne Marie can keep making music.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Will definitely make a donation for her. What a great idea. I put up posts and while I'm writing them, my mind wanders to what comment would Anne Marie be making if she could. She is missed. I also post on a political blog and she was a presence there too and every night we end up mentioning her and missing her. Thanks for this link and please let Todd know how much she is missed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for this info. I love WRTI. Of all the places I have lived they have one of the best formats for a station I have heard. I am already a member of the station, but will gladly give another donation in her memory.

    Is Anne Marie were to come back already, I bet she is loaded with stories and gossip!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Condolences on the loss of your friend. She often popped 'round to visit my blog, and I enjoyed her comments.

    She would love that there is an option for "domination" amounts as well as the usual donation amounts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, this is why I should not drink gin and rely on spellcheck and auto correct.

      Delete
  15. Excellent! I think we will do that too! Anything for a great lady.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yours was an excellent eulogy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a way to honor a wonderful lady.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's great! I love how you honor a wonderful lady!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I get paid next week. I'll definitely look to make a donation once I get my budget figured out.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!