Sunday, December 10, 2017

SEEN AROUND TOWN

This week, the Mistress really got around. And NOT in the way your thinking. Between work and meeting friends for dinner, there was no time for sitting and relaxing right after work some evenings. But  with some good chuckles and beautiful scenery who could complain?
Views at the Philadelphia Art Museum.
John Wanamaker's grand organ and tree. As is tradition, the organ and light show still continue, even though sadly, Wanamaker's, a Philadelphia gem is long gone.
My favorite building for architecture in all of Philly...City Hall. Every year it's a festive gathering spot for the tree lighting and watching ice skating in Dilworth Plaza.

You would think at the Betsy Ross House, they'd at least put a wreath of greens on the door.

A beautiful window display for a toy store.
Love Park....where they now moved the annual Christmas Village. The village has all kinds of homemade baked good, and local handy-craft and knits for sale, not to mention hot chocolate and some of the best roasted nuts.

Meanwhile in New Hope, in my hamlet the other night, met my friend Pixie for a nice dinner, and saw the usual odd sights.
Santa...on a stylist Vespa.

Random signs in Love Saves the Day...a quickie boutique. I meant a quirky boutique.
The People's Market. All kinds of  bric-a-brac and jumble. 

Then Friday night it was off to the Raven Resort for Hedda Lettuce's Christmas show Lettuce Rejoices, filled with her holiday filth and hilarity and holiday classics. She is always a hoot and she was even still here for our first snow fall.

Any wonder I had a hang over yesterday?

27 comments:

  1. "the Mistress really got around" - when is that NOT the case, you naughty girl? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love Philadelphia and New York at Christmas, really puts one in the mood. While at Love Park, did you finally get a knitted warmer for your willy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alas. Nope. And the lady looked applauded when I asked.

      Delete
  3. The city of Philly never looked so good. Lovely post, and nice pictures. And agreed about the nuts at Love Park.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I suppose an organ and roasted nuts would make most people happy. As usual, MM, pretty pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're so easy to please these days aren't we? It's the simple pleasures.

      Delete
  5. Damn it! Nothing puts a damper on Christmas shopping like warning us not to have sex in the stores. Humbug!!!!
    Did I hear something about organs and roasted nuts???

    Seriously, these photos are fantastic - I love every one of them and they put me in a holiday mood. I've never seen the Philly City Hall, it's amazing. And the Betsy Ross House is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the years I've lived here, can you believe I have never toured the Betsy Ross house yet?

      They need that sign in New Hope. Lord know what one may walk in on around there.

      Delete
  6. LOVE THIS The holidays are here. Beautiful shot from the art museum. New York is decked out to. Seems the cities are extra beautiful this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be in New York City next weekend for some fun and frolic.

      Delete
  7. Should we be worried that note in the store is sighed LSD Staff? Where is it you shop?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous and festive pictures. Santa was no doubt looking for the Casa.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brings back great memories of living in Philadelphia. you got some great pictures. Those signs are cracking me up. Were they for your benefit?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mistress, my dear, what a great post.
    You know I used to love Xmas, but for some reasons I feel that I lost something and just want Xmas to skip.

    But your joy and enthusiasm seem that are having some effect on me :) I think you will make me be in Xmas mood again.... soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the new post ahah...it's so christmas-y. I have always adorable your blog this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear...more fun and delights await......

      Delete
  12. It is beginning to look a lot like Christmas on this blog! We put up our tree a week ago, and the cat loves it. Never saw Philly at Christmas...very pretty shots.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic images!!!! It is the most wonderful time of the year.. and I'm a bit behind on my Christmas decor.. need to try to finish my tree tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do believe the Mistress has the same gown...but only with houseboys underneath it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice sights for the season...more than our town does. I think I need to move soon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great tour. And gorgeous lights. Stay warm! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful! Since marrying William, he and my kids are Jewish, so we don't decorate, but I can still enjoy the Christmas decorations. I too love your blog for the posts...it gives me my fix. Philly sure does look pretty this time of year. I remember traveling in my youth a lot, and no where does Christmas like the East Coast...just seems to capture the feel of the holiday. And how I miss John Wanamaker's. I can still remember shopping on those floors...it was so chic and elegant. Those were the days Mistress. Come Christmas is was just pure magic.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful pictures, it looks like you had a great weekend,

    ReplyDelete
  19. Christmas really is kind of a glamorous holiday. I know some religious folks might not like it put that way, but I'm a secular humanist, so I don't care. Deck the halls!

    I believe that's one of Eddie Fisher's exes up there in the heading.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the pictures. Meanwhile... I need to post a picture to show you what season I'm still in.

    ReplyDelete
  21. So lovely...your setting the mood Mistress.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!