Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Drag City:DC



The fickle reality-TV spotlight no longer shines on D.C., but that's not stopping the producers of Drag City:DC!The show, which began filming earlier this year, chronicles the lives of six drag queens who, in this promo, utter lines like: “When I came to D.C., I was a little white girl with a dream. Now, living in D.C., I have become a black woman with a plan”; “I’m a classy, sassy educated bitch, and I’m not playing games” The show is the brainchild of Drag Diva Shi-Queeta Lee, who has made America's Got Talent Wild Card, but never RuPaul's Drag Race. Here;s Shi-Queeta with the hot dancers of Town Nightclub.



This fierce female impersonator is joined by Chanel Devereaux, Tyria Iman, Lacountress Farrington, Epiphany Bloomingdale and Raquel Savage. They have taken over all of DC in their endeavor to give back one episode at a time.The producers might actually understand what it takes to make an entertaining D.C. reality show: not portraying us as the rest of America sees us, but rather as we see ourselves. After all, aren't all Washingtonians wearing drag of one kind of another?
Too bad the rest of the country won't see this side of the queens: The show will air on DCTV and Arlington Independent Media. But it could get pick up by Out.com to be viewed there as well.Here's a clip of the already put together preview.

11 comments:

  1. You're right, Mistress -- there are many, many types of drag indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you better werk!

    Xanadu meets Ice Capades----me lurve!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How will we view the show, i want to share this with my friends & family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yesss divas werk!!! Finally a doco on drag! Not title show.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know I'll be watching this if it ends up on line!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was wondering why no one had done a reality show that followed the lives of queens yet! I think The Queens of Drag looked more polished though, than this, but still looks intresting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. And you know those DC queens are fierce!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still don't get the tranny thing and why they do drag shows? Wouldn't people call them drags queens instead of real women? I heard most that go threw the change quit drag later.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maddie, Howdyyyyyyyyyy! I will say the queens down here are extremely talented and can get just a pinch catty! They will represent well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This actually looks intresting but it really should be on a more common channel for people to see. They look very lively!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks my friend for posting about my show. And the comments I really appreciate them. I'm still learning how to produce a great show and editing everything comes with time, so I'm gonna keep Dreaming Big. Here's the Episode 1 Pole-tics enjoy.I made history in DC Drag Entertainer with my own reality show on access cable tv. Take a look: http://vimeo.com/27075739

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!