Sunday, June 19, 2011

Mistress Back and Feeling Good



Well,well,well, I didn't fall off the face of the earth! The Mistress had a wonderful vacation and time off work. Filled with some time up north with the Mother and good friend Andromeda Strain, a pool party, A Miss Richfield Drag Show, a Marc Chagall art Exhibit, men, some cock-a-tails and then five days at the beach!!!! And just so everyone knows, I did run around squeezing the boy's muscles while on the beach! The vacation started out with a trip up north where I spent time with the family, and a girls catch up dinner and gallery show with my good friend Andromeda Strain. Then there was dinner with friends another night and followed up by a pool party by the handsome Harrisburg Uptown Boys!!!! What great hospitable host they were! I even cooked out one night with some Grilled salmon and shrimp!



Buster Bolfig Borghese had no faith in me as he thought I might burn up the dinner! Or he was worried the Mistress was to close to fire after a couple gin and tonics!?!



Next up was a quick trip back to Philadelphia before heading to the beach. Since my plans fell threw with my sister Mame, AKA David Dust due to some drinking problems she was tending too, or lack of drinking problems, I changed plans to see Miss Richfield 1981 who was making a appearance at the Society Hill Playhouse.







And her show didn't disappoint. Miss Richfield had the place in stitches. Dedicating her life to the friendly citizens and responsible merchants of her hometown, Miss Richfield 1981 is fast becoming one of America's national treasures. This Midwestern maven is winning over theater and cabaret audiences around the country with an interactive format that combines homespun warmth and edgy improv, leaving audiences in hysterics with a truly original performance.In her new show "30 Years On The Throne!", Miss R looks back at her storybook life celebrating three decades of beauty sovereignty as reigning queen of Richfield, Minnesota, "where butter is a spice and gravy is a beverage". She is now scheduled back for two more performances. Great show Miss Richfield!!!

After the show it was back to the Casa Du Borhgese to slumber and nip before heading to Rehoboth Beach the next day for some good food, many happy hours at the Blue Moon and some beach time. I just love this gay town! Along the Atlantic coast in often-overlooked Delaware sits this gay-popular beach--one square mile of cottages, grand mansions, and sparkling sands. The town's boardwalk connects 75 eateries and gourmet restaurants (many gay-owned), including the pioneering Back Porch Café, which welcomed a gay group back in 1974. The town includes lodging options for all budgets, a surprisingly vibrant nightlife for such a small community, arts, galleries, events and, of course, the all-important beach. And the beautiful scenery!





The Mistress got back home later last week and had to work a whole three days before the weekend, but not before she got one last hurrah in when she got a call from the Lad and crew to go into Philly to see the Marc Chagall art exhibit and dinner at Granite Hill. Who was I to pass up an art show, and dinner at a Steven Starr joint. My latest obsession is dinning at all his establishments. You can read about that day over at Gals About Town. It was a real nice time I must say and this cute guy got me turned on to this new liqueur called Domaine de Canton. It is a ginger liqueur infused with cognac.So smooth over the rocks- just chilled! There is already two bottles in the liqueur cabinet!!! Tootles!

21 comments:

  1. How many times must I tell you that you are not allowed around open flames? It's kind of like you up on roofs. Just tempting fate and all. Glad you had such a good time but do you ever work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My God, it is about time your back!!! I agree with Kailyn do you ever work? That Miss Ricfield looks so funny and you even got to entertain with the boys I see.I so need to make a trip to hang out there! Glad your back sexy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh well.... hello there Mistress- you have been missed! You sure do get around...no pup intended!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos. I am delighted to hear you had a wonderful time and I am happy to have you back :) And a new blog? Now you know I have to check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Mistress, I was starting to think I'd hear from you again! (LOL) I'm so glad you have returned to your blogging and offered a marvelous set of pictures. I love to gaze at the all the cute boys and that Miss Richfield is something, and I just placed a visit to Philadelphia at the top of my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back, missed you a lot!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful that you are back! We have certainly missed you! Looks like you were kept very busy;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back lovely! I'm so jealous you got to see Miss Richfield! And how did this pool party go? Inqiuring minds want to know.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a whirlwind of a visit! You leave me breathless! What a fun time it sounds you had.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome back it looks like you had a amazing time, simply fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yipeee! So glad you're back! Sounds like you had a marvellous time - adore the photos - the Miss Richfield show looks so fun! And the grilling you did looks just fine. You have been much missed sweetie!! XOXO's

    ReplyDelete
  12. welcome back! wonderful photos!! and the beach looks just heavenly with all those boys, you crack me up :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome home, Mistress! You must be EXHAUSTED!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I never thought you were returning. Sounds like a wonderful time and you use every minute to enjoy. Now who the the guy in the yellow square cuts??? Yum! You were surrounded by cuties.

    ReplyDelete
  15. We think everyone should experience the Mistress at some point! Sounds like a great vacation, now you need another to just recover!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Welcome back my dear friend! Missed you and I am so glad you had such a beautiful time

    ReplyDelete
  17. wurlcome bache!

    "butter is a spice and gravy is a beverage"

    hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Maddie,

    So glad to have you back sweets. It has been horribly quiet without you here. The lads have been pouting and that is just not a good thing.

    You know better than to leave your boys unchaperoned, I have picures. As a matter of fact, I think that I will post them after my jeans set. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. YOUR FINALLY BACK!!!!! I never thought you were coming back honey. Sounds like you had a great time and what a mix bag of things to do.I also loves Kailyn's comment! And I so wanted to go to see Miss Richfield but forgot the weekend. Damn it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ah, this looked like so much fun. You have me this close to just becoming more social!!! You sure know how to live life Mistress. So glad your back:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Welcome back Mistress!!!! So when is my turn to hang out with you???

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!