Thursday, July 16, 2026

GLAMPING POSTCARDS

My walk of shame walk back to my site at 6am.

Some glamping postcards! Last weekend found me at the Woods campground hosting the Drag Me To the Woods weekend, where everyone who wanted to do drag could do so, and then hosting a huge dance party in the clubhouse that night. Over hundred people donned drag! It was a good weekend as usual in this slice of gay fairy land.
Fort Dix, the naughty bath house, or as I call it, the head shed! I wouldn't know ANYTHING about what goes on in there of course.

The drag party and just some of the queens! Yours truly is off dead center in the black and sky high piled blond wigs under the left Woods sign. Never mind two wigs on and it was over 90 degress!!! But some of these guys were a hoot and we camp queens helped them with drag.

And then there was this tall, towering drink of water! I asked how tall he was, and he said "Well Madam, I'm 6'9" tall. I said, " Well...never mind the 6 feet,, let's talk about the 9 inches." You'd be surprised how much room there was in that little tent for two. If that was" roughing it", I'll see him again!!!
This Novus team is always there at the Woods on weekends, sponsored by the campground and they do free HIV and STD testing, and mind you supply free PREP if you can prove your signed off to take it! I think it's great and nice to see many taken advantage of it's services.
This was about the time I had a nice pew , sat and contemplating and was thinking how I will hate going back to work after such a long vacation. But here it is Thursday and I all most made it!

33 comments:

  1. Looks like a gay ole time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to assume that you didn't get eaten by a bear. I could be wrong though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, there is a distinct lack of claw marks on his back...

      Delete
    2. Last I looked, I still had all my important parts.

      Delete
    3. Well only teddy bears bother to harass glampers. Lucky glampers!

      Delete
  3. Glad you had fun! Where are you going next?
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall put the kettle on and roll out the red carpet!!
      Sx

      Delete
    2. A hostess with the mostess!

      Delete
  4. The VW camper van looks like fun -- is it yours? The deer statues are cute too -- luv the pearls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No not mine....I and my good friend and sister Mame, have a camper together on my friends site. I featured it in past post.

      Delete
  5. You do know that little tent is called a "Pup tent," don't you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was a couple popped tents if I recall.

      Delete
  6. OMG so much fun!
    I want that Airstream, of course. That's the only way I'd go camping. Love that place and the people! You look stun, as always.
    And that MAN!! Gurrrl....!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun, and I love your direct approach to that tall drink of water and also love that he was so hospitable in sharing his tent. Reminds me of how cool life was back in the 70's/80's/90's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so a child in the wrong era me thinks.

      Delete
  8. Do you have to worry about wild animals? If I DO have a type, that towering drink of water is it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There has been real bears spotted before...we even had one on my friends site once with me in my camper. But because of the crowd and noise and music...most stay away. Except the gay kind that bite.

      Delete
  9. You do know how to have fun and relax.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVED the last picture, but what about a front view??? I swear one year I am going glamping. This looks so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You don't know anything about Fort Dix??? Funny, I heard you had a reserved cubby?????

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoy your time off while you can; who knows, Pete Hedgebreath might have you pressed into the army invading Canada ere long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm probably to old to go...and besides...what would they say if I show up in drag?

      Delete
    2. That would make a great YouTube video!

      Delete
  13. Thank you for taking me along like this. I would've had a blast getting gussied up for the party...I bet you could've helped me look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As they said in Too Wong Foo...Sometimes it just takes a fairy.

      Delete
  14. This post reminds me of my rock crawlers. If only I had the parking space and a tow hitch I'd consider getting one of those small trailers for the Countryman.

    ReplyDelete
  15. As always, the Good Life above the Mason-Dixon Line really is a great measure to Behold. Y'all have a damn good time, I see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just enjoy summer Tommy and run with it.

      Delete
  16. Looks like fab fun! It reminds me of the infamous gay "Polly's Parties" that were hosted at the Brecon Beacons Mountain Centre in Wales. I went to one back in the '90s, and heavens, was I outward bound! Up all night exploring all the - ahem - scenery on offer... Jx

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!