Tuesday, August 25, 2026

A SAD DAY

 As if the times couldn't be more depressing our class act, angel, country music legend, actress, fashion icon, the ultimate drag queen, rhinestone Goddess and a swell and giving philanthropists Dolly Parton has departed for fabulon to the Grand Ole Opry in the sky. A sad day indeed.


Y'all come back now, ya hear!

Dolly Rebecca Parton

January 19 1946- August 25 2026

49 comments:

  1. Oh, I hadn't heard this sad news. What an icon and shining light, especially in today's America of hatred, greed, and evil. She will be missed so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we all thought she'd live forever. Her and Cher!

      Delete
  2. We're distraught. What a goddess she was!

    RIP, Dolly. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sad. She was among the best of us. America is a darker place today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Except for these three, words fail me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Destiny, HOW COULD YOU?!
    How do you go and take Dolly from us knowing you had choices?
    I gots the sadz.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of all the rotten scoundrels to take...the heavens take Dolly????

      Delete
  6. An icon I most admired. Everything about here was beautiful. A truly good, kind, and wise soul.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I far from religious...but she was the definition of a true Christian. All human..including myself should take notes and habits from this wonderful woman. Im so upset by this. I hadn't heard yet. Rest well Dolly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she and my grandmother were the only two Christians I knew of.

      Delete
  8. She was sheer joy and love and compassion and sass.
    She will be missed.
    RIP Dolly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm still in disbelief from the news. I adored her and her humanitarianism. Another bright, beautiful candle has gone out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I only just heard the news upon getting home. Kindness and joy in human form. We will miss her light deeply. Talk about a National Treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cap Chasen8/25/2026

    She was a lovely lady, may your kind soul rest in eternal peace. I loved and was so glad she refused the Medal of Freedom from trump not once, but twice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful soul, may you rest in peace, you will be missed... I loved her genuine personality, never fake 😢 I can't recall another famous person's passing hitting me like this.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rest in Peace our Queen... from all us drag queens! I thought for sure she'd live forever.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A great talent, a great lady, and a great loss. RIP Dolly.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had to shed a tear.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The world is a darker place for sure. She was a true shining light. R. I. P. Beautiful Dolly.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Universe got it terribly wrong. We wanted Donald not Dolly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Henny, could an angel have gotten it wrong? Do you think they'll return her and come back for him? fingers crossed*

      Delete
    2. True that! Take him and send Dolly back!

      Delete
  18. Just... so sad.

    May this world, at least for a moment, embody Dolly and express love for each other in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  19. A sad day. What a bright star she was.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I dont usually cry over celebrities, but this broke me.

    ReplyDelete
  21. dolly was a real class act. she was out there funding programs dedicated to children’s education and science research, while entertaining millions. she wasn’t forced, she chose to do so and we should all strive to be like her… rest easy dolly ❤

    ReplyDelete
  22. It was a somber day in Ptown. Even our little market was playing all Dolly over the speakers. She never saw a door she couldn’t open, and she never closed one behind her either. She lived to make the world a better place for everyone. We’ll miss you Dolly.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The truest way to honor Dolly would be to spread the exact same love, respect, kindness, authenticity, and wit that she gifted us all. I think she'd like that.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I can't believe this is real, I'm absolutely heartbroken. I was blubbering a ugly cry henny. We were all connected to her.

    ReplyDelete
  25. She represented America's greatness as much as anyone I can think of. I'm sure she would want us to believe that our best days are still ahead of us, so I will try to keep that in my heart. Loved these images, she was most beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Rest in peace. A woman so kind, humble, generous, and honest deserved to live forever. 80 is too young. I will forever be grateful for the experience of meeting her at a meet and greet, and spent more time than she should have with each person. What a person.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Omg I am devastated by this. She was such a treasure 💔😭
    She represented the best of the country, and what Americans should be.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Another American Treasure gone.

    ReplyDelete
  29. She was a humane human. I think I'll put on Me and Little Andy and ugly cry for a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yet that song will do it!!! Used to be a favorite of mine. I also always like her Great Balls of Fire!

      Delete
    2. Oh, I love her version of that song! We are still talking about a song, right?

      Delete
    3. I think so. Last I looked my balls weren't on fire.

      Delete
  30. Anonymous8/26/2026

    Dolly, une icône magnifique à bien des égards :)
    -Beau Mec à Deauville

    ReplyDelete
  31. Anonymous8/26/2026

    Dolly, Shelley Fabares and now Tim Curry!
    I’m beyond gobsmacked :(
    I have People Get Ready by the Impressions playing in my mind.
    -Rj

    ReplyDelete
  32. Yeah, this one hurt. A Dolly-less world. *Sigh*.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Kirk, I hear you, but this will never be a Dolly'less world. Her legacy of good deeds and charity will keep her in our world for as long as we live and remember. And countless generations will enjoy her vast repertoire of music and movies for decades.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You see 9 to 5 and Best Little Whore House in Texas...how can you not get a smile.

      Delete
  34. She was a much needed light in this world. Rest well, Dolly, you will never be forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  35. She may have been known for her music, but when I think of Dolly Parton, I think of her big heart. My sincere condolences to all who mourn her loss.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Anonymous8/27/2026

    80 years young and she lived a full life of great generosity. Dolly’s passing leaves me heartsick, we need more like her.
    An old Philadelphian

    ReplyDelete
  37. Im still in disbelief she is no longer with us. It's been ages since I have seen a famous person's death reach far and wide with such sadness in the last 20 years with exception to Queen Elizabeth II. Rest well Dolly.😭😓🥺

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!