Tuesday, September 29, 2026

MURDERESS STRIKES AGAIN

I'm happy to report that the little murderess while I was on holiday, got two field mice, and I understand consumed them. Otherwise, was good as gold.  At least till my first night back. While sitting in the back garden one night, I saw something of considerable size walking the garden, but before I could start rounding her up, Sophie saw it and was off after it. I got to her with the fear of my voice and thank heavens...it was a juvenile possum and it was playing dead on its side. Once in the house I went back out and it was gone. Whew. They really do play dead. But she did get a new toy from Provincetown to keep her occupied. She takes it everywhere so far till she tires of it.


And lately she has been napping very un-lady like.


I'm not sure where she learns laying spread eagled.

35 comments:

  1. Obviously she thinks she's a Timber Wolf. Jx

    PS We've all see you in that pose, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She’s so adorable and so vicious. I love that. And no doubt where she learned that pose. Is that possibly where she learned to be so adorable and so vicious, too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicious? Just because I slapped a few bitches in my day and put EX-Lax in some coffees...vicious is strong.....lol

      Delete
    2. I can never spell vicious unless I see it written out. It never looks right and usually it isn't.

      Delete
  3. Oh, cut but psycho?
    Sounds familiar….🤣

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9/29/2026

    Très mignon, innocent pas si innocent :)
    Le comportement de ton doggie me rappelle celui de mon terrier, Jack.
    -Beau Mec à Deauville

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A veces pueden ser tan graciosos, ¿no? Y con tu terrier, solo me puedo imaginar las travesuras.

      Delete
  5. Sophie is precious, a darling. I am glad that she hunts in your garden. She is fearless. Bravo for Sophie, the hunting dog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And there she is ... with the nerves to look all innocent like, "You're accusing me of what?"

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's always the cute, innocent ones who are the terrorists!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Sophie, how could you? Sounds like an enclosed dog run or a muzzle could be in your future...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dog run? You should see her tear in the house and garden when she gets the zoomies!!!!

      Delete
  9. I'm sorry, but she saw pictures of me like that online. I'm a bad influence. I would think a possum would be as big as Sophie is. She's such a cute little thing. I've had dogs catch all sorts of things -- possums, moles, mice, birds, squirrels. And here in floriduh the dogs catch rats and repugnicunts. I don't know how they tell the difference between the two.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An adult possum would be about the size of Sophie, but this was a small one, a preteen if you will. Rats and repugnicunts? You guys down there are in desperate need of many more exterminators dear.

      Delete
  10. Oh Sophie, what a fierce little bitch! I love her! What do you mean unladylike Mads? I nap like that all the time.... oh, never mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I'm picturing Balder Hlaf walking in the room seeing you napping like this! LMAO!!!

      Delete
    2. Well, Maddie, there is a reason I nap when he's not home! I won't go into it here. Let's just say I'm seventy going on one hundred, and he's seventy stuck at seventeen. Mentally, anyway. His body parts keep telling him NO!!! I agree with his parts.

      Delete
  11. She is just too cute! Like a living little teddy bear! Hard to believe she is such a murderess. Thank heavens she didn't get into it with a possum. Can't they be wicked?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear their hissing is worst then the bite. I rare they actually attack, but I'm sure they'd try if they keep getting provoked.

      Delete
  12. I can't imagine where she learned laying spread eagled?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I still can't believe she is a murderess sitting so regal on that chair? And did you bring her back a stuffed lobster??? LOL!!!!

    Did she ever get to the possum or did the playing dead thing work?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've seen a dog kill an animal by mistake, but never eat it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She caught and eat two small bird last summer, and gutted a chipmunk this summer...that was not pretty till I got it from her.

      Delete
  15. She see's you as a role model.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous9/30/2026

    HuntleyBiGuy:
    My two boys came upon an adult possum one night. They kind of cornered it, and instead of playing dead, hissed at them. I wrangled them into the house and went back to look for said beast and it also was gone. For the next few nights I would do a patrol first before I let them out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks heavens I got over there in time. I hear they can be mean but there biting and actually attacking is very rare I understand....so they just make themselves sound bit shit crazy.

      Delete
  17. Perhaps you have some Viking dogs living near you; I'm sure they would be au fait with Spread Eagling.

    ReplyDelete
  18. She's just adorable --- like her mistress.

    ReplyDelete
  19. She reminds me of my cats. Nothing that moved ever got past them.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!