Look at the sunset taken from The Belvedere Hotel.
It had been two summers since I last visited Fire Island, the undisputed, glitter-dusted matriarch of the LGBT beach resorts. The place where heteronormativity goes to die and drag queens go to thrive. The whole island is a great time, but our clan this time was staying in Cherry Grove, who thanks to Preston got us three rooms at the Belvedere thanks to a connection. If you get the chance to go...GO! I said every gay person could benefit from a trip here once. I just adore it. The place is so special...all the troubles left outside from the world and then for this moment on the island for everybody to forget about it all and let loose. Because we have to have balance, otherwise the world is a misery, and I do believe serenity and peace are found on this island and the dances floors here. Everyone here has a good time and that's what it is all about...there is unity, and freedom and fun and festivity here. And if the Pines is the polished gym-sculpted young buff brother, Cherry Grove is the eccentric fun-loving aunt who mixes a pitcher of martinis at 1pm and has a story about Studio 54. It's lovely...you take a ferry there and one can ride a ferry that whole time there if you choose! There are no cars...just sand and a labyrinth of wooden boardwalks and an intoxicating sense of absolute freedom. You can wear a gown into town, a speedo to dinner or absolutely nothing at all on the clothing optional beaches.
Only on Fire Island
Pearly playing bartender, or just standing there.
Preston getting demure
My gams!
The Lad in our doorway. With perky nipples.
My unexpected delight to see ginger Brody! First time I met a reader naked. Took my breath away. That is all I'm saying on that!
Ah and darling, you want to talk the Meat Rack? Now we are getting to the truly legendary untamed heart of the island. The Grove is the open-air theater, the Pines is the runway, and the meat rack is the seedy backstage dressing room where the real magic, and mischief happens! Since the 1950's the meat rack has reigned supreme as the world's most famous, historic and delightfully racy and scandalous cruising ground of them all. And they ain't there looking at sea views darlings! It's a must!
Preston, the Lad, Brody, MM#1 Fan and myself came upon this in the meat rack!!!! The guy, Fred was kind enough to let me make him blog fodder! Another guy came along and that turned into quite the scene, while we enjoyed the popcorn. Or something like that.
Love this place. A great way to end the summer with the whole clan and joined by blog reader Brody for a meat up, huh.... I mean meet up, yes, hehe, and Pearly, who jumped Ptown and who talked the Mistress into a special appearance at the pool show at Ice Palace she hosted with resident queen... with my own brand of drone dramatics. No one expected the drone to bring me a lighter. I never leave home with at least one ensemble and wig.
Another summer in the books.
















Lovely you!!!
ReplyDeleteStunning sunset to start it all off. Is that really you in the video? Astounding!
ReplyDeleteJust the runway brought the house down.
DeleteDear...that wasn't even my best drag....but it is the first time in a long time I got into drag.
DeleteGreat gams, Mistress!
ReplyDeleteYour a leg man?
DeleteThat looks INCREDIBLE!!
ReplyDeleteI loved getting to see you in the video! What fun! Thank you for sharing. Oh, and we have a beach called Cherry Grove in South Carolina, too. The similarity ends with the name, though. LOL! :)
ReplyDeleteI'll come to one of your book clubs one day in drag!!!!
DeleteAs usual, the pictures tell a great story, and then you throw your story in the mix and it's fabulousness.
ReplyDeleteAnd Ginger Cakes? Oy!
YASSSSS MOTHER!!!!!!!! This is so quintessential trademark summer Mistress Borghese !!!! Werk bitch! And the boys weren't bad either.
ReplyDeleteCan you believe this bitch, THIS Bitch has not been there yet!!!!
I think it astoundingly shocking YOU have not been.
DeleteYou knock that one out of the park girl, no one saw that drone touch coming!Thanks for doing the pool show. And just how fucking dishy was Brody??? Hey Brody! You and the Lad disappeared with him for quite some time...spill it! I'm so glad I went...I needed a break from Ptown.
ReplyDeleteLOL!!! NO way were those two passing up on that!!!!!
DeleteI had to sign a waiver from the Mistress to not not kiss and tell...sorry. But he is talented.
DeleteWhat happens in Fire Island ....oh shit....everyone will know!
DeleteMade me smile, first time today.
ReplyDeleteMy My Its like a storybook land. I must put this on my bucket list.
ReplyDeleteThe trip can be whatever you want it to be. Wild or relaxing.
DeleteYowza! FAB VIDEO!
ReplyDeleteI wonder how much of it survived our last Nor'easter.
ReplyDeleteI was there till last weekend. The waves were insane but I didn't see any real damage to be found.
DeleteLove the video!
ReplyDeleteAnd this is the kind of travelogue that makes me go places!
Oh, hi, Brody!
XOXO
Come rub up on me baby! My cakes being rubbed brings good luck.
DeleteIs it any wonder we hit it off?
DeleteIt makes sense that one of my friends went there every year for decades.
ReplyDeleteI must say, the sea views are the absolute best. You know you'd find me right next to Brody....that way, I could enjoy being naked but not have to worry about people barfing over my saggy old butt. LOL
If our connection there was there more Im sure we'd be there more often...though it is a trek from where I live.
DeleteThese pics remind me of South Africa, although you are missing out on penguins
ReplyDeleteI've missed so many posts! Sorry. Will catch up soon. Xx
ReplyDeleteWOW, you worked that catwalk like Lady Gaga! Talk about "commanding the stage"!
ReplyDeleteAnd that was after 4 gin and tonics, I think.
DeleteDamn!!!! If that look doesnt scream Im a spoiled rich housewife getting ready to receive the news by the police her husband is dead look, I'd don't know what is!!!! And that was a runway Mads!
ReplyDeleteAnd had a met Brody face down like that???? Well...we'd need a room. Glorious pictures!
The drone was a add in at the last minute!
DeleteWow! Now that's what I call a fun holiday... If ever you do make another trip across the pond, please pack The Lad in your cabin baggage, would you? As long as I have a face, he'd always have somewhere to sit. Jx
ReplyDeleteLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And he loves a good salad toss!
DeleteI'm glad you had a great time, and a great view as well!
ReplyDeleteIt was a great beach trip Thanks for making time to meet up!!!!! What a great time and the clan is great! And your appearance at the pools how was excellent! Loved the look attitude and theatrical moment lighting that fag!
ReplyDeleteI can now see why you love this place.
It was great meeting you too. Anytime you want to lay out naked...my back garden is always open!
DeleteMon Dieu !
ReplyDeleteFire Island glorieux :-)
J’y suis allé il y a des années avec mes amis new yorkais.
Ravi de voir que tu as passé un bon moment avec le Lad, Preston, ton Fan #1 et Brody (bel homme roux exceptionnel !)
Maîtresse, ça a dû être une orgie :-)
-Beau Mec à Deauville