I'd seen the Belvedere before when on Fire Island but was never really there for any period of time let alone stay there, except when one year we went to a pool party there. It was definitely something. When Fire Island virgins first take the nighttime ferry from Sayville to Cherry Grove, it's a unique sensation that occurs as they approach. Towering above the multitude of tiny summer cottages is a baroque beacon, a shimmering palace that is so wonderfully out of place, that it seems to fit right in yet. But I wondered how an Italian palazzo ended up off the coast of this island?
Fire Island...such a fun place and nowhere else like it. The Belvedere has passed down through three generations, managed and owned by Eberhardt first, then adopted son and partner Craig, and now owned and managed by Craig's husband Julian Dorcelien Eberhardt, who sadly told me he is putting it up for sale as it takes all your time up running the place. It is listed in the millions currently. I hope it find a good owner and keep the traditions going. I mean, who doesn't like seeing men doing naked yoga while enjoying breakfast? And then the tea dances!










.jpg)






Beautiful building and I could really get behind, or in front of, some nekkid yoga to start the day!!
ReplyDeleteSimply palatial!
ReplyDeleteThat’s quite the building!
ReplyDeleteI love the idea of finding something that unexpected in a vacation. And Naked Yoga? Boner.
XOXO
Im sure someone can give you a hand here......
DeleteWith our earthquakes, we could never have buildings like that here.
ReplyDeleteThat's our mistress...blowing men for information just to bring us a post. I can say when you guys invited me over...I did not expect this place. Buy your right, it yet fit the island somehow.
ReplyDeleteJerry and I stayed there once.
ReplyDeleteSo beautiful. I don’t understand naked yoga. How does that not always turn into an orgy?
ReplyDeleteL’hôtel Belvedere me rappelle le château de Miramar près de Trieste et la villa Lysis de Capri. Des bâtiments semblables à des cygnes blancs.
ReplyDeleteTon Fan # 1; il a un joli cul :)
-Beau Mec à Deauville