Sunday, August 23, 2026

SCENE THIS WEEKEND...

A nice weekend if not a busy one. All told, a bit of a little of everything this weekend. Friday found me at the Capital Street Duo's for some visiting and cocktails on the lovely balcony which is off my guest quarters when I stay there. It's like a little oasis. They are only about a block from the Capital Building, hence their nickname on this blog, with views of the dome at night. Even their pup Flyer digs the balcony.


Then it was off too early in the AM for clan member Preston's birthday up in NYC. After a nice train ride up, it was off for a birthday cruise and some fun before heading back and getting in late last night.  I got to play New York tourist as we all pitched in and got a cruise for Preton for his birthday and thanks to Captain Todd, he spun us around the harbor and Lady Liberty while we drank and noshed. It's been years since I have been out that way. The weather was overcast but no rain. It was certainly a great time.

Today....nothing.! And it's been nice. 
The morning started out with breakfast out back in the garden and I surmise, the rest of the day, with exception to a rain that rolled in, will be spent outdoors relaxing.


Mind you, I should be making vacation preparations. 
But as Scarlet O'Hara said, "I'll think about that tomorrow. After all... tomorrow is another day."

27 comments:

  1. Great photos! That's a lovely looking breakfast in your garden, I must say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought ICE sent Lady Liberty back to France?!?! Always loved seeing the Duo's house and Flyer is beyond adorable.

    I have a show later tonight with a dainty drag queen named Latrice Royale. The Pilgram House is sold out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG!!!!! Now don't forget to get the Crisco and grease that door frame girl to the dressing room, or she might be late getting to the stage for the curtain call. But send my regards....

      Delete
    2. I did as you said, and she tried to make fried chicken with it! Luckily, we had a shoe horn. The show was a blast.

      Delete
  3. My kin of weekend! The dalmatian is stunning.

    My first trip to NYC was finally, in 2015. We went on a tourist boat that took you to Ellis Island and to the statue itself. I am a great grandchild of Yugoslavian immigrants, and I was and am deeply interested in the history of our world but more invested in my family’s history. Completing this was one of my lifelong dreams. When we came around the corner and you saw the water open up and the statue right there in front of you, all I could think about was the millions of people who knew this to be the end of their suffering and the beginning of their new life of opportunity. Just feeling and seeing what they saw over 130 years ago. So many of us forget that this country was built on the foundation of people coming here to make their lives better for them and the generations after. One party needs to remember this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone best tell them all that if not for one of their family members arriving here, they most likely wouldn't be here now. How quickly they forget. Glad you got to finally see her, Lady Liberty!

      Delete
  4. My Republican boss travels to NYC semi regular

    He's not too happy about Mamandi 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame. He is the first mayor in years actually doing and helping the citizens in the city and delivering what he said he'd do if elected. I am beginning to think that republicans don't want anyone to be happy. I loved your smile face Adam, implying it is ruining his trips, lol!!!!!!!

      Delete
  5. That dalmatian is longing for a fire truck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knowing Flyer, that dog would be terrified of a fire truck, let alone that loud siren!!!!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful setting for living and what a great way to celebrate a birthday. You poor thing, so busy having fun that you can’t find time to prepare for your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why I fret over it. If it can't fit in a large brown bag it isn't going!!!!

      Delete
  7. Ha - I took that Scarlet O'Hara quote and ran with it!
    What a beautiful Dalmation. Happy prepping!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it should be our motto Scarlet.

      Delete
  8. Its nice to see the City from the Water View. You have such a nice group or clan, as you call them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a swell group of friends and some cuties...I'll keep them a while longer I guess.

      Delete
  9. Love the sights of La Grande Apple from the water, and nice to see Lady Liberty to remind us all.
    I would live on the balcony, by the way, with the dog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. loved that you gave the birthday boy a pearl necklace. And that you didn't fall overboard with a choppy harbor...but all that wasted, spilled gin. I'm surprised this didn't become a modern-day Gilligan's Island.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By my calculations, that would make me Ginger...at the very least Eunice "Lovey" Howell.

      Delete
  11. Sounds like a heavenly weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to see at least one of us is enjoying the cooler weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't complain....we have been having a cooler summer compared to summer's past. It was only in the 70's today, very unusual for August for us.

      Delete
  13. Wish mine had been that fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Let's hope that Donald Duck doesn't decide to take the Statue of Liberty, cover it in gold, stic it in the ex-Rose Garden and call it Tump's Statue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't say that too loud Helen!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  15. I'm glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!