Thursday, February 2, 2012

In the Boardroom



Well yesterday was a first for me at work .This time of year there is extra fat to be trimmed usually off of the stores payroll. Well, one of my team came to me in tears as she was being let go, to all our surprises! After comforting her and calming her down, I went to my manager who didn't know yet .Well I said we can't let this happen. Not only is this girl a work horse, and practically my right hand, but does exceptional work! She is one of the few I trust to do a good job with attention to details in my absences, and is part of the reason we have been given numerous awards for visual work and some of the best creative merchandising in our company. So today we both march to human resources. Now mind ya, the Mistress is a lover, not a fighter, unless of course pushed in a corner, or someone mess with my wigs, then look out! While I hate anyone to lose a job, there are other positions that could have been cut, useless positions, where people just stand around and talk, and wait for the work. So I explained that, and the numerous awards she has won for herself, and our team, not to mention her work is speedy and very detailed, and so on and so on. I also said our creative director will not be happy about this when he hears. Somehow he did receive a text from who knows where or from who, but later the HR manager, who is new by the way, came to us and said it was rethought and they could keep her after all, but on a part time basis, of up to 30 hours. I called my co-worker at home and told her, who very very relieved. And I felt good too, never having to do anything like this before, and use someone to pull some strings. I guess it really is politics everywhere, and who you know.

Just remember, the Mistress is not one to trifle with!!!!

24 comments:

  1. Nice of you to go in to bat... And I'm not talking about the eyelashes darling... Part time is better than no time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get 'em, Girl!!!!

    XOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you!
    Give 'em hell, honey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg! are you serious? That's awesome! Everybody should know then to piss offa queen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely brilliant! It's nice to see someone go up and support someone. All that gin has made you strong honey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A friend of mine just lsot his job, can I tell him you'll be round to go all Joan Crawford for him?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's right honey, if you can't catch em, shoot,em!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a knight in shining armour -- you saved a damsel in distress!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's wonderful. I knew those big balls would do good some day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mistress, if you say you launched into the whole boardroom scene, I'm on my kness to worship you!!! Thats good news for your co-worker!!! You go hussy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wellllll I need a rise at work, do you think you could do anything about that for me? Good going!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks everybody! I t did feel good, but I've fought worse monsters than these...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mistress Maddie will cut a bitch!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How odd that they told her they were cutting her position without saying anything to you about it first! You had every right to get involved!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This has happened the last three years while there. Last year my close co-worker got let go after 17 years! I was really shocked at that one and again ,they never let on till the day!!!

      Delete
  15. Thats great. It seems lay offs are on the riase again or is it me? Several friends have lost jobs again and all in the last two months. Go Joan Crawford....

    ReplyDelete
  16. I salute you Mistress!
    I'm so happy! You deserve a Wonder Woman costume & save the day!
    xo*

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous2/03/2012

    You are a gem. Most bosses don't care enough to do what you did.

    ReplyDelete
  18. way to go Mistress helping out a fellow co-worker I totally want on your team. you rock

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous2/03/2012

    You are a sweetheart. I would always want you on my team.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The best way to play cards is to always play close to the chest, until it's time to trump. Well played.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You didn't get out the wire hangers did ya?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Bravo Mistress!!!! Yes.... do not trifle with you.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!